The education sector is facing a severe teacher shortage crisis affecting schools and the quality of education. With 86% of school districts reporting difficulty hiring new teachers, starting the recruitment process early is more crucial than ever. In this blog post, we'll discuss the advantages of early teacher recruitment and how platforms like Selected can significantly enhance the hiring process.
The Harsh Reality
- 600k teachers resign annually, approximately 19.4% of the 3.1 million teachers.
- 38.8% higher turnover in schools with low-income Title 1 funding.
- $9.6 billion is spent due to resignations.
The Advantages of Starting Recruitment Early
1. Time for Credentialing
Early recruitment provides prospective teachers time to acquire necessary state credentials.
2. Exploring Relocation
Early recruitment offers teachers time to plan a significant life change, such as moving to a new location.
3. Financial Incentives
Schools can offer to sponsor credentials, attracting high-quality candidates.
4. Better Candidate Pool
Starting early provides access to top-tier educators who often finalize their commitments by spring.
Success Stories with Selected
Despite the reported difficulties in hiring, schools using Selected have shown remarkable success:
- KIPP NorCal successfully hired 10 teachers within the first 3 months.
- Intrepid College Prep in Nashville successfully recruited 5 teachers.
- In the first year of using the platform, KIPP Texas successfully hired more than 20 teachers.
What Schools Say About Selected
- Kip Bay Area: "Quality hires, fast. Selected is a must!"
- Coney Island Prep: "Streamlined workflow. It saves countless hours."
- Haven Academy: "Large candidate pool. Bigger than we ever have before."
- Heketi Community Charter School: "Successfully hired teachers who want to work in the Bronx."
- Citizens of the World: "All warm, active leads. Best of all, I am seeing candidates that I wouldn't normally see."
- City School of the Arts: "Stress-less sourcing. The platform made going through candidates easy for my team."
Tips for Schools
- Create a Recruitment Calendar: Outline milestones.
- Consult Faculty: Involve staff in identifying needs.
- Utilize Technology: Platforms like Selected streamline your search.
Starting the teacher recruitment process early offers a broad, qualified candidate pool while providing potential hires the time they need for credentials and relocation. Platforms like Selected make this process even more effective, as seen in the success stories above.
Schedule a Demo with Us Today
Be prepared for the future of education and begin your teacher recruitment process today with Selected.
At Selected, our mission is to improve schools’ access to qualified, diverse, and relevant teachers — and we’re trusted by more than 1,600 PK-12 public and private schools who use Selected to optimize their hiring process and get discovered by right-fit candidates.
For more information about how to find pre-vetted teachers actively seeking educational positions on Selected’s platform, contact our team at email@example.com.