Selected is dedicated to connecting schools with the most relevant, committed, and diverse teachers. This blog post will continually be updated to give insight into new product features and milestones. We wanted to thank all our school partners and educators who share feedback with us – that's the only way the product will get better!
June 24, 2020
- Job posts (beta): for the first time, post jobs on Selected so that candidates may apply directly to you, eliminating the need for you to reach out first. The beta is only currently available to schools with unlimited invite accounts.
Goal: provide passive recruitment functionality for schools and maximize relevance of candidates.
- Expanded subject and school experience taxonomy: we increase by nearly 100 the number of subjects and courses (including electives!) with which teachers can be identified and filtered for. Also you may also filter candidates by school type (e.g., charter, district, independent, religious) and demographic (e.g., urban, suburban, rural).
Goal: surface the most relevant teachers and school leaders to our schools
- School profile search: smile, schools! Your school profile is publicly viewable and searchable by candidates.
Goal: improve discoverability by candidates. Allow candidates to find and contact schools on Selected directly.
- JazzHR integration: schools can now import candidates from Selected directly into their JazzHR applicant tracking system
Goal: simplify the hiring workflow for schools to reduce effort and save time and money
April 7, 2020
- Resume preview: preview a candidate’s resume before deciding to connect with them. In addition, every profile and resume has been tailored and standardized for teachers.
Goal: empower schools to make the most informed decision about an educator's candidacy before sending a message or invite
- Free text message outreach: candidates receive a text notification when you send your first message or invitation – all done automatically and for free. This is in addition to the standard e-mail a candidate receives when contacted.
Goal: to improve speed and rate of responsiveness from candidates – and thus increase the throughput of our school partners.
- Clear certification and content specialty data: view content specialty tied specifically with certification. We specifically restructured the way we collect data from candidates to provide greater clarity.
Goal: improve discovery of educators based on certification and subject expertise
- Expanded search and filtering: more specific single subjects (e.g., Pre-Algebra, U.S. History), grade levels (e.g., search for a single grade level), and instructional skills (e.g, Project-Based Learning, Montessori, Responsive Classrooms)
Goal: improve discovery of educators based on subjects, certification, and instructional skills
- Message template: no more copy and pasting your outreach message.
Goal: standardize school's outreach process and save time
- Refreshed UX: we will be rolling out additional refinements both visually and functionally. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have building it.
Ongoing Product Changelog (for both teachers and schools)
All of our improvements and new features for both schools and teachers viewable in our product changelog.
Feedback and comments
We'd love to hear from you. Be in touch.
Selected helps schools hire the best teachers. We offer a matching platform that connects 1,200+ public and independent schools with a deep and diverse pool of 30,000+ Pre-K to 12 teachers in urban metro areas in the Northeast and West Coast, including New York City, NJ, CT, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Boston, SF Bay Area, Los Angeles, and Phoenix. Create a FREE school profile and start speaking with candidates immediately.