Eligible candidates are non-U.S. citizens of good reputation and character.
They seek full-time teaching positions in accredited K-12 schools, are English proficient, and satisfy the teaching standards of the U.S. state in which they will teach. In addition, they:
- Have obtained a formal written offer of employment from an accredited U.S. primary or secondary school.
- Have a minimum of two years of full-time teaching experience at K-12 schools outside of the U.S.
- Are either currently teaching at the time of application OR have at least two years of full-time teaching experience within the past eight years AND are either currently pursuing an advanced degree in education or the subject they plan to teach, or have received such a degree within the 12 months prior to application with Cultural Vistas.
- Meet the qualifications for teaching in primary or secondary schools in their country of nationality or previous legal residence.
- Possess, at minimum, the equivalent of a U.S bachelor’s degree in education or the subject they plan to teach. For more information: Understand the Credit Evaluation Requirements.